2020-2021: Experience an artisanal handloom tour
Muezart is launching tours and experiences to visit handloom villages in Meghalaya, Northeast India.
You may be the first lucky traveler to experience one of the few off the beaten path regions left on the planet. You will stay in and experience tribal villages in the beautiful hilly remote region of Northeast India. In some way you may even play a part in creating village opportunities and help revive a fading sustainable cultural tradition of weaving eri silk textiles.
10 Reasons to consider this trip
- Interact and learn natural dying, weaving, rearing of eri silk cocoons from villagers.
- Discover tribal groups who maintain their unique
- Enjoy a nice climate especially for tourist escaping the ice-cold winter.
- Buy Eri silk directly from weavers or order custom made products and have them shipped.
- Experience hikes or walks through the pristine hilly region of India that few tourists have seen.
- Hike and collect plants from the forest to eat or make natural dyes.
- Benefit from our local English-speaking team of experts.
- Go someplace not overrun by tourists.
- Select your level of adventure from camping to 'glamping' to staying in villagers’ homes.
- Buy and connect – be involved in something that will regenerate and make a difference.